Thursday, August 16, 2012

Target 'Quick-to-Knit' Cardigan, with shade card. c. 1950s

Target Pattern no. 1198, I would think its from the mid-fifties? A great pin-up knitting pattern for the wasp-waisted rockabilly gal.

Continuing in the vein of shade cards, this pattern from Target has a useful colour guide down the side.
I love the coral-red on the card - and the little bobbles on the cardigan adds some great interest to a plain cardigan.

To fit 34,36 and 38 inch busts, and knit in Motoravia Double Knitting Wool (a worsted/10ply according to Rav) on 3.75mm and 4mm needles.


























Hope you enjoy it!
xx

8 comments:

Knitting-twitter said...

very very nice and thank you for the pattern..
ciao ciao Christa

Rachel Proffitt said...

Ooh, I like this one a lot :) Thanks again for sharing!

Julia said...

I know how you mentioned a couple posts down about how you visited Chicago. I was wondering if you could reccomend any vintage shops for me?

Desiree said...

I'm a beginning knitted (even though I started learning when I was 9). What's a good sweater for a beginner to learn on? This sweater looks great but it's intimidating for me :(

Desiree, Pop-o-matic Deluxe

Andi B. Goode said...

Gorgeous! I always love these 'quick to knit' patterns (much like 'easy' recipes) as I know it'll still take me at least 6 months to finish ;) haha
-Andi x

Bex said...

Hey Desiree - this pattern would be great for a beginner. Its uses thicker yarn so its a quicker knit, and bobbles are an easy way to try out a decorative stitch!

Bex said...

Hey Julia - Chicago is the wonderland of vintage. Its amazing.

I would thoroughly recommend visiting the Randolph St Markets (on monthly I think), and if they are having a big vintage event there, even better.

I personally loved Belmont Army Vintage (near Belmont Station) for bargin accessories, Night and Day Vintage further down the road.

Belmont and Lakeview is great for vintage - and the best thing is that the dealers will tell you where the other stores are, just ask!
Pilsner had 3 or 4 awesome ones too, and a really great mexican flavour to the whole area. If you have an iphone with Googlemaps, just type 'vintage' in the search of the local area and they should pop up.

Have fun - i'm so jealous!

Unknown said...

I've got some Red Heart Soft Touch unravelled from an unsuccessful project that I think would be perfect for this cardigan! Thanks for sharing this pattern.